About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Lyndsey. I'm a 36 year old Mum from Wales. I have a Masters Degree in Marketing Communications and Public Relations and put it to good use in my work as a freelance Marketing & PR consultant. I also work part time as a fundraising coordinator for a Welsh charity which I absolutely love!! With two jobs, two children, two cats and a handsome man, lets just say I'm a busy lady. 
From 2006-2008, I wrote a column for the Denbighshire Free Press. I was so proud of the feedback I got for this, even the one angry ‘You Suck’ letter to the editor cheered me up no end; it showed that people took notice of what little ol’ me had to say. It’s good to know that people give a rat’s ass either way! So, succumbing to requests from my former fan club (ok, overstating there – readers who had nothing better to do on a Thursday afternoon) under the March 2014 archive you will find a selection of my early Free Press articles. I’d love to hear what you think on any of the subjects raised…you know, rat’s ass either way feedback ;-)

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Woo Hoo. I'm Nominated for National Award


Ping - you got e-mail.

One of the best emails I have ever received pinged into my inbox this week.  Mumpreneur UK have received a nomination for That Welsh Blonde in their Voice category for Bloggers.  Woo Hooo :-)

The Mumpreneur Awards 2014 in association with Amazon are the UK’s first national business awards dedicated solely to parents in business.  I have been advertised on their website homepage for a couple of months now and I love reading about so many inspirational women who have been brave enough to set up their own business.  Its a scary step to take for anyone but utterly especially for Mums, its exhausting enough to do daily parenting without the added pressure of setting up in business for yourself! 

I am chuffed to bits that blogging has been recognised as a job now too.  Although the financial gains are small for most bloggers, the time and dedication that goes into each and every post is all consuming.  I know for me, I go to sleep thinking about how my day translates into blog post material and I wake with the 'must write blog post' urgency, battling with the 'must wake kids, get them to school, sort work emails, food shopping, post office, gym, vets'...... its endless!  Finding/making time to write That Welsh Blonde can be difficult but I do it because I love it.  I love to sit before my laptop & just waffle away. I love my readers getting in contact to say that I've made them laugh. I love how proud my family are when they read about the mischief we have gotten into. My blog is my therapy, and I love it!

So, here I am with a big Award Nominee badge proudly posted on my page.  If I get no further than this badge then yes, I admit I will be disappointed, but so blinkin chuffed that my blog has come this far!  In the space of less than 4 months, I've had over 6500 readers and although my social media following is growing steadily, the feedback from so many people has been so supportive. I'm thrilled.

So a big, heartfelt thank you goes out to all my readers out there. I am so grateful to you all. 

If you want to keep up with my MumpreneurUK journey, discover other bloggers worthy of nominations or just generally have a nosy at a bunch of inspirational mums,  please do follow this link to the website http://www.mumpreneuruk.com/

2 comments: