About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Lyndsey. I'm a 36 year old Mum from Wales. I have a Masters Degree in Marketing Communications and Public Relations and put it to good use in my work as a freelance Marketing & PR consultant. I also work part time as a fundraising coordinator for a Welsh charity which I absolutely love!! With two jobs, two children, two cats and a handsome man, lets just say I'm a busy lady. 
From 2006-2008, I wrote a column for the Denbighshire Free Press. I was so proud of the feedback I got for this, even the one angry ‘You Suck’ letter to the editor cheered me up no end; it showed that people took notice of what little ol’ me had to say. It’s good to know that people give a rat’s ass either way! So, succumbing to requests from my former fan club (ok, overstating there – readers who had nothing better to do on a Thursday afternoon) under the March 2014 archive you will find a selection of my early Free Press articles. I’d love to hear what you think on any of the subjects raised…you know, rat’s ass either way feedback ;-)

Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Liebster Award Q and A - My Turn

It was a lovely surprise to discover that I'd been nominated to take part in the Liebster Q&A by Alicia a la mode.  I don't usually do the 'chain mail' type of activities but this seemed fun so am happy to join in.  

The rules are as follows:-
 
1)  Answer the questions sent to you.
2)  Nominate 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers on Twitter
3)  Ask them 11 questions of your own.
4)  Notify them that you've nominated them.
 
 

Here goes ...

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
The name That Welsh Blonde came about during Uni.  Myself and my fellow blonde classmate Georgina joined up on team projects for our PR & Marketing coursework.  As the only blondes in class, we whimsically named our project team Blonde PR.  I was known as The Welsh Blonde, Georgina was English.  That Welsh Blonde stuck from then on.

2.What season is you favourite when it comes to fashion, spring/summer or autumn/winter?
For me, its definitely Autumn!  Its the time when you can still wear your summer clothes but make them all snuggly with big, fluffy cardigans and cosy boots.

3.What is your favourite clothing brand if you had to pick one?

I have several go-to brands but for a favourite, I'd have to choose Lipsy.  I love how feminine the clothes are, how glamorous the dresses are and, as much as I know they are not the uber-trend anymore, but I lurve the velour tracksuits.  Yes, I'm a Paris Hilton'ite!!

4.When did you first start to wear make up?
Oh my...its been decades!! I can remember sneaking my mum's Avon blue eyeshadow, blue mascara and frosted pink lippy. Since that sounds seriously 80's, I'm going to guess that I was about 6 or 7.  I know I was wearing make up on the first day of high school, three different shades of pink eyeshadow.  My daughter is following suit...stealing my make up.

 5.Can you remember the first beauty product you ever bought?
Rimmel concealer stick in ivory.  I recently started buying it again and its fighting its way between mine and my daughter's make up bags.    

6.Who is your favourite blogger?
There are some excellent bloggers out there but the person who I find inspiring is Victoria from inthefrow.com.  I find her styling fabulous but more importantly, I find she is very friendly, relatable and honest.  Always an enjoyable read!

7.Is there any celebrities that inspire you?
There are so many to be honest. I love celebrities who do a lot of charity work such as Angelina Jolie and her ethics when it comes to career, family and humanitarian work is so inspirational.  I also admire Jennifer Lopez for her incredible business acumen.  Above all though, JK Rowling. Her journey, her talent and her continuous charity work make her an absolute hero in my eyes!

8.What would be your dream job?
That's an easy one.  A writer.  I am striving to be a full-time writer, taking on various projects such as my blog, a novel and screen-writing.  I have trained with both ITV & BBC and I would love to translate my blog into a tv series ...who knows. Maybe one day!  
 
9.If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
America.  More specifically, San Francisco or Chicago.  Closer to home would be Reading.  I lived there in my early twenties and loved it!


10.Would you ever have any tattoos?
 The deed is done. There is no big poetic meaning behind it.  I was just bored waiting for my fella to get his haircut in the barbers next door, so I went browsing in the tattoo shop....and came out 30 mins later with this; which my friend said looks like a 'lick and stick' Cheers!


 11.What is your favourite time of year?

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!  It's the most wonderful time of the year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment