About Me

My photo

Hi, I'm Lyndsey. I'm a 36 year old Mum from Wales. I have a Masters Degree in Marketing Communications and Public Relations and put it to good use in my work as a freelance Marketing & PR consultant. I also work part time as a fundraising coordinator for a Welsh charity which I absolutely love!! With two jobs, two children, two cats and a handsome man, lets just say I'm a busy lady. 
From 2006-2008, I wrote a column for the Denbighshire Free Press. I was so proud of the feedback I got for this, even the one angry ‘You Suck’ letter to the editor cheered me up no end; it showed that people took notice of what little ol’ me had to say. It’s good to know that people give a rat’s ass either way! So, succumbing to requests from my former fan club (ok, overstating there – readers who had nothing better to do on a Thursday afternoon) under the March 2014 archive you will find a selection of my early Free Press articles. I’d love to hear what you think on any of the subjects raised…you know, rat’s ass either way feedback ;-)

Monday, 3 November 2014

Vita Coco For Kids - By My Kids

A spooky coincidence occurred recently...or perhaps, if you are more spiritually minded, then you would say "We put out a request & the Universe answered"; but that sets a bit too dramatic a tone for the rest of the blog post so I will just say "summat happened that was right good timin".

Vita Coco Kids
After a morning spent in hospital, it was apparent that I had passed on my dodgy tummy DNA to my poor Son. A few weeks off school were prescribed along with some other meds which made us both feel queasy at the thought.  Add to this, a change in diet and no fizzy or milky drinks. Poor kid was not impressed.

Mooching round the supermarket later that day, we saw various drinks ranging from Blah to Bleurgh.  I pointed out coconut water to him and he looked at me like I had lost my marbles!  An hour later, we arrived home disappointed.  I checked my emails and would you believe it...an invitation from Vita Coco Kids to try samples of their new naturally flavoured coconut water, especially made for kids. Was that timing or what?

 
A few days later, a package arrived which we eagerly unwrapped. When my Son saw the flavours, his initial flat refusal to try them was withdrawn.  My 12 year old daughter is a cola addict, so this was the chance to introduce her to something healthier. From here, I think I'll let the kids tell you for themselves...


So, that's what my munchkins thought.  If you are thinking about maybe popping a carton of this in your kid's lunchbox, here are the stats for you. 

The drinks have no artificial colourings or preservatives, no added sugar.  Not made from concentrate and contains 5g of sugar and 22 calories; compared with the leading UK kids juice drink which has 7.8g sugar and 40 calories per 100ml.  It also contains 170mg of potassium whereas the leading UK kids chilled juice drink contains 0mgs potassium.  Major bonus though, it fits in lunchboxes and is compliant with my son's school 'healthy lunchbox' policy.

For more deets, visit their website via this link Vita Coco Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment